Ameena & Amar’s Osgoode Hall engagement photos were an absolute pleasure to document. As the adage goes about a photograph saying a thousand words, we will let the photos speak for themselves.
How gorgeous do they both look?
Ameena is the visionary founder and Creative Director behind World of Amiin. Amiin specializes in making handcrafted, made-to-order slippers that embody traditional luxury. With design inspiration from the classic Mughal era of India, it combines subcontinental art with Italian craftsmanship.
Meeting Ameena, a fellow creative and a business-owner, and having the chance to create timeless photographs with her, has been deeply rewarding. We absolutely cannot wait to document their wedding next year.
Vendors & Styling
- Hair & Make-Up: @leenaheravi
- Ameena’s Dress: @reiss
- Ameena’s Shoes: @jimmychoo
- Amar’s Suit: @suitsupply
- Amar’s Shoes: @harryroseninc
Why Osgoode Hall Engagement Photos are a great idea…
When one is thinking of the best locations for engagement photos in Toronto, Osgoode Hall is not one that immediately springs to mind. However, it’s one of our favourite locations to photograph in. Below, we list some of the benefits of doing a photo session here.
- Being in the heart of downtown Toronto makes it easy for city-dwelling couples to get to, and it’s ideal for those suburbanites who want to spend an afternoon or evening in the city.
- It offers a variety of frames and backdrops for a photographer and couples. This helps us to get really creative, and try different setups.
- With its stone steps, Palladian architecture, a garden and cobblestone walkway, one gets a distinctly European feel.
Osgoode Hall Engagement Photos are a great idea (continued…)
- It is one of the few landmark sites in the city which does not require a photography permit for engagement and wedding photography.
- The best time to do photos here? Either after-hours on a weekday, or the weekend. Foot-traffic is usually minimal, unless there is another wedding party doing photos at the same time. It is also an unusually quiet oasis. This is a surprise as it’s surrounded by busy traffic of Queen Street & University Avenue.